Re: Re: Re: RE: fuel injectors. tune up also...Attn: John Neff

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 07:35:21 EDT

Jay:

Like it or not, anything that gets into the intake manifold will make its
way into the cylinders also. Throttle body fuel injection works by adding
the fuel into the manifold. Multi-port fuel injection is a more efficient
way of introducing fuel into the cylinders. Most nitrous systems (that I
have seen, anyway) use a plate at the TB to introduce the nitrous into
the manifold and thus into the cylinders.

Not a stupid question.

HTH,

Richard in San Antonio

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001 14:27:23 -0700 "jay & dana" <jay&dana@telus.net>
writes:
> Thanks John, a two beer job,that's about 15 minutes, hehe.
>
> A dumb question though for anybody.
> When we pour any liquid such as this cleaner or water, as per Bernd,
> how
> does it get into the combustion chambers of a fuel injected engine
> as our
> fuel injectors inject fuel directly into the chamber? Would I be
> correct in
> assuming that it takes the same path as the air (and also through
> the intake
> valves)? Don't laugh guys, I am ignorant when it comes to fuel
> injection.
> Wouldn't adding cold liquid hurt the warm or hot valves or the
> dreaded belly
> pan gasket?
>
> Thanks in advance for any responses,
> Jay