Re: Today's bike experience was: Re: mishap on motorcycle (no one's hurt)

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 11:50:01 EDT

I've had a friend who owned a little 100cc dirt bike that was street legal.
One of those dual sport bikes. We drove around on it all the time and I got
all my experience from there.

The new speed bike, I've had for about 2 weeks now and I'm still trying to
baby it. no wheelies, and I'm just getting used to lane changing. As I
said, this is the first speed bike, so I'm not trying to keep up with the
guys. They leave me, I know that I can catch up later. I advise that to
ANYONE getting a bike. Take your time, and don't think you can take every
corner.

The GSXR is a great bike, but it may be a wee bit much to learn on. I
mainly got a used bike because even though I have experience, laying over an
8k dollar bike doesn't feel too good. Hope you have fun out there, and
always wear a helmet.
-Chuong

I saw a novice rider on a bike today, had his girl on the back. He was
swerving all over the place, then he starts doing wheelies. I thought they
were both dead. Anyhow, I should have my GSX-R 600 by the end of the month.
How long have you been riding????