New found power?

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@hom.net)
Date: Sat Apr 07 2001 - 16:03:46 EDT

A strange thing happened to me last weekend. I took a load of furniture to
Columbus, Ga. - about 75 miles. Towed a small utility trailer, overdrive
off. On the way home I was able to maintain 60 mph in overdrive the whole
way, except for two large hills.

The truck has never towed this trailer in OD before for any distance. Any
theories? It pulled on the level and up smaller hills, I was amazed...

Some of you may remember that I've had it at the dealer because it wouldn't
tow. Nothing was ever found wrong. The last time I towed to Columbus,
before Christmas, it wouldn't tow it back in OD. This trailer can't weigh
but 4-500 pounds. I maintain that it should handle this without even
knowing it was back there, in or out of OD.

Cal Hyer
'99 V-6 Auto 16,265 miles