A/F monitors and the 4.7L mini cats

From: Aajaynefour@cs.com
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 13:08:30 EDT

Help!

I want to use an A/F monitor but have a few questions. First, do you tap
into the upstream or downstream O2 sensor(s)? My guess is the upstream,
before the cat has a chance to alter the mixture. Not sure though. Second,
on the dual mini cat 4.7's, is one A/F monitor sufficient or should I run
two, one for each cylinder bank?

Thanks
Andrew

P.S. Thanks to all who posted responses to my question regarding the IAT
adjuster and its function. This list is a valuable resource beyond compare.