Re: Re: Test drove a new Dodge

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 13:15:52 EDT

Gary, would it seem reaonable to assume that the shifter stick from a ram
would thread onto the shifter of my NV-3500 in my Dakota? I would like a
longer shifter, and this might be an extremely easy way to do it! It would
probaly give me more leverage, as well as move the stick closer to the seat
or the dash depending on the gear position. Just thought you mightknow
whetether it would go or not before I bought one and tried it.Thanks,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Gary Shook" <shook@starband.net>

same Tranny (NV3500), different shifter- the stick is also alot taller...

I used to have a '96 Ram 1500 318 5-speed...

Funny how wives are, I don't think I could get a Dak past mine... she likes
the big Ram... currenly have a '98 Quad Cab

Gary Shook