Re: ques about qc lowered daks

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 16:34:54 EDT

The speed grille is made by Street Scene Equipment and is available at most
aftermarket parts dealers such as those that advertise in Truckin' magazine.
I got the upper sections from a mail-order company(Idon't even remember
which one!) and I bought the lower sections off of Geoffrey Hackbart(he
wasan't able to use them with his chrome Reflexxion valence). The lower
sections were really hard to find, I couldn't find any available when I
ordered the tops. With my skill level, the speed grille was about a 2 on a
1-10 scale of difficulty. You do have to relocate/modify the secondary hood
latch mechanism, but it's relatively easy. The bottoms were really easy,took
less than 15 min, out the door to back in my chair! I think the upper
sections go for between $100-$150,so check around. I never was able to get a
definite price from a retailer on the lower sections, but I would guess
around $100 would be reasonable. Check around when trying to find it,
because prices vary A LOT between retailers. I didn't get any pics of your
truck, bring 'em on! Oh, just send one or two at a time, because I am
limited to space in my web-based mail account! Thanks,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Arnoldo Silva" <silva@rio.bravo.net>

nice truck Will i especially like your speed grill how hard was it to put on
and how much was it. by the way did i send you the pics of my truck if not
let me know and ill send them to you. so I can see what you think.
arnold