RE: Re: Test drove a new Dodge

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 16:38:52 EDT

Well Sean, thanks for the heads up! My buddy just bought a 2001 Ram QC 1500
2wd,318/NV3500/3.21 open, so I am going to borrow his shift stick and try it
before I go buying anything. I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks
again,TTYL

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Sevrence, Sean (S.J.)" <ssevrenc@visteon.com>

Hey Will!

Just be careful with this one. The travel at the hand position might not
work with the Dak's. I have a program we developed here that calculates the
hand travel based on the transmission throw (inside the trans - what is
called the gate) and the pivot ratio (how much effort is required to put it
into gear). The shape and length of the shift lever might put your hands
through the radio or into the seat/console area before you can get in into
gear. If you can borrow one, go for it. I would not buy one if I could not
return it within an hour.

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!