RE: Drag Racing - Part II; or What the hell?!?!?

From: Tom Slick North (prodog@swbell.net)
Date: Sat Apr 07 2001 - 01:43:42 EDT

I'm wondering if it's the modified intake that has caused me to lose a
little bottom end...had the runners shorted by Jon Smith...

traction is a problem when I launch from 2000+rpm..... but, I didn't launch
it like that...actually launched from just above idle...

She doesn't seem to have the low end torque that she used to have.. I am
going to try a few other things, too....

I did compare the runs from my last two outings to my all time best run in
my Dakota... the only thing that I've actually gotten faster on, was the 1/4
mph...only by .13mph... here is the rundown..

        60' : -0.172
        330 : -0.336
        1/8 : -0.401
        mph : -0.260
        1000: -0.404
        1/4 : -0.428
        mph : +0.130

Anyone think that trying the stock computer again (instead of the MP
computer) might make a difference...

Bernd, the torque converter is factory... I do think a higher stall
converter should help ...and a shift kit... she's got 3.55 gears...

Later,
Tom "Slick"