Re: Center console power mod

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 07 2001 - 03:31:49 EDT

In a message dated 4/7/01 1:56:11 AM Central Daylight Time, tod@quay.com
writes:

<< Right now I'm leaning towards one of those units
 where everything is on the Mic and the rest of the CB is hidden away. >>

NO NO NO NO NO. Those style cbs really suck when it comes to output and
recieving. If you want a nice little radio, look into a Cobra 25 or a Uniden
of the same style. The Uniden can be modded to swing more power, but I think
the sound of the Cobra is better. I personally use a Galaxy 88 (really a 10
meter radio modded to work on the 11 meter cb bands) followed up by a small
linear (its only a small one, I don't know why there is 2 gauge wire running
to it!! I swear!!). ;o) Also, don't get cheap on me and use a radio shack
(aka ripyouoff shack) cb ant. Go with a good unit. If you want a
fiberglass, get either a Firestik or a Wilson ant. For a magnet mount I
would highly recommend the Wilson 1000. It has great reception and transmits
very well. I had one till I upgraded my linear (I still say it is a small
one!!! lol ) and had to get the Wilson 5000 permanent mount. You can get a
"peaked and tweaked" Cobra 25 for less than $100 around here and a Uniden can
run about $120 for the same features as the Cobra 25. HTH

Will

"You better hope there is intelligent life out there somewhere,
 Cause I think we got cheated down here on Earth!"