RE: Center console power mod

From: Dakota Dodge (dakotasdodge@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 07 2001 - 18:41:45 EDT

Ill keep that in mind.. good to know its no perfrect.

>Etrex hand-held GPS. The tracking works really well. The route planning
>works pretty well too, although you have to be wary. One time we dead
>ended
>at someone's house mid-route.

I have a magnetic mount for my scanner...and it has yet to move from high
wind speed. I get great reception....in Connecticut (which has a number of
hills and valleys) i can reach my home town 50 miles away with a Radio
Shmack antenna. I needed one quick and am actually quite pleased. It will
be replaced soon though with a nice one. They say "wind tested to 60 mph"
but it can and will handle much more than that. I have the magentic for teh
fact that i show the truck on weekends and dont want the antennas all over
the place for the show.

>About the only thing I know so far is that I don't want a magnetic mount.
>Gotta keep that sucker attached when I'm finding out the fastest speed my
>Dak will go. :)
>
>I've read that roof mounts are best because of the ground plane and the
>height.
Yes they are.

>I've read bumper mounts are bad.
They are not great, but better than nothing.

>I saw a mount on another Dak that I really liked the look of, but I >don't
>know how good it was. It was sort of in front of and to the >right of the
>driver's mirror. I think there was a bracket sticking >out from under the
>hood. I don't know how the bracket was attached >though.

The bracket is attached to the bolt just infront of the hood hinge. From
what ive heard they work pretty well.

-Dakota