bad day at track...some help?

From: Dan Jones (amishpimp93@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 07 2001 - 18:43:40 EDT

I went down to the track today, a little dissapointed at my numbers. The
trucks a 1997 cc 5.2l auto dakota. The mods i have is Gibson dual split
catback exhaust, traction bars, 4.10 gears and posi unit, r&d throttle body,
quick d intake, adjusted iat sensor, autolight sparkplugs, 8mm ignition
wires, and 92 gas. I put my tires down to about 28 pounds or so in the
rear. It was my first time so i guess the numbers would be right, don't
pounce me about my r/t times ;P

1st Run: Against a z-28 (old one)
Z-28 Dakota
R/T=1.002 R/T=1.19 (sleepin)
1/4=16.72 1/4=16.75
mph=86.38 mph=85.84

2nd Run: Against a 96-98? camaro
Camaro Dakota
R/T=.545 1.22
1/4=14.6 16.6
mph=97.8 85.46

3rd Run: Against a 69 cheb pu
Cheb Dakota
R/T=1.01 1.1
1/4=18.88 16.5
mph=77.4 85.5

4th Run: By myself
r/t=.949
1/4=16.1
mph=85.4

5th Run: Against a 68 camaro ss
ss Dakota
r/t=5.11 .978
1/4=13.7 15.7
mph=99.5 86.6

6th Run: Against a Corvette (mid 80's early 90's)?
corv Dakota
r/t=.753 .862
1/4=15.05 15.9
mph=95.9 86.3

I was the 3rd slowest there, heh, the cheb pu and a bug were slower then me.
  I did burnouts at the water hole. The track was about 50 degrees, had some
problems hooking up. In a month is the crysler drags and i need to be
quicker, heh. Im gonna try to order some slicks for that. Thier anything
else i can do?? input appreciated!! The times don't sound to good to me
considering the mods i had.
Oh yea, thier was a lightning thier, he was turning constant 13.9's