RE: CB Stuff (was: Center console power mod)

From: Tod Oace (tod@quay.com)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 01:00:51 EDT

> I agree with not getting the controls mounted on the mic radios,
> looks ok, you
> can hid part of it, but I have used them, it was bad for engine
> noise, hard to
> hear anyways, sounded tinny and forget about replacing the mic. Not
> recommended, but I know they are tempting when faced with
> mounting a radio in
> cars nowadays.

All right, I'm convinced. No CB-in-a-Mic for me. Thanks Shawn and Will!

Maybe I'll spend the little extra money to get a SSB unit anyway. Or maybe
I'll get a 10m ham radio and modify it for 11m like Will did so I can get a
quality radio along with scanning. Or perhaps an HF rig. Or, yes, an all
bander! The Yaesu FT-100D looks pretty sweet.

Oh. Wait. My CB budget was around $150. Still. . . . :-)

-Tod

--
Tod Oace, tod@quay.com