Re: Auto or Manual, that is the question

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 13:33:02 EDT

At 05:34 PM 4/4/01 -0700, you wrote:
> Well I'm gonna be ordering an '01 CC Sport 4x4 in the
>near furure and was wondering what I should go with
>for a tranny. I'm gonna get the 4.7 and am gonna gear
>the truck to an off-road style. What would be better
>for me the multi-speed auto, or 5-speed manual? What
>are the advantages/disadvantages to both?

That really depends on your preference. If you're pretty skilled in
using a manual, it's definitely an advantage when you're off-road.

If you're just starting out in offroading, then an auto would probably
be the way to go so that you can focus more attention on not getting
yourself stuck.

I went with the auto because most of my driving is in the city and
occasionally on the freeway, so having the auto is just more
convenient. (Especially when I try to eat my breakfast on the way
to work)

It's really a matter of personal preference, as has been said here
many times before. Definitely go with the 3.92's though. (Also, if
you are planning on lifting the truck at some point, be warned that
as of yet, it's hard to find lift kits.)

-Bill