Just bought a 360 WOO HOO!!!!!

From: Sam South (sawcut64@mediaone.net)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 15:28:00 EDT

Well I just went and bought a 31,000 360 long block. It's in good(hopefully)
condition but it's not complete. It's missing the intake, valve covers, oil
pump, water pump, oil pan, timing chain cover and vibration damper.
Fortunately most of the stuff from my 318 will swap over and the timing
chain, oil and water pumps I would replace anyway. The guy is a mechanic for
Chrysler and said he would throw in a new vibration damper for free, he also
has a new set of lifters, upper engine gasket set, and a new belt tensioner
he threw in for free too. The best part is I got the whole thing
for.....$400.00!!!! He was asking $450.00 but wanted to get it out of his
shed because of his kids and he came down to $400.00. I couldn't believe it
I would have payed that just for a rebuildable core. I'm totally geeked
about this(although the wife won't stop bitching about it)I can't wait to
get it finished and in!!!!
Sam South
95 Dak, V-8,3.90 LSD,5-speed
14.10@98.05