RE: CB stuff (was: Center console power mod)

From: Tod Oace (tod@quay.com)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 16:38:40 EDT

> <<Almost 1,000 watts to match your almost 1,000 HP maybe? :-)
>
> The 10m to 11m mod sounds interesting. I wonder if the regular 10m ham
> radios can be modded that way. I do have a ham license. Hmmm...>>
>
> I am sure that any 10m radio could be modded to work on 11m, but
> the Galaxies
> and Rangers are the easiest of these to perform this work to. Oh
> yeah, only
> 1k watts? That would make a nice driver for my linear! LOL No
> really, on
> am trans I can swing just over 4800 watts when pushing everything to its
> limits. SSB can net around 10k watts. Needless to say, I talk
> when I want
> to and to whomever I want to! LOL

Oh, ha ha ha ha ha! Good one, Will. Oh wait a minute... It's not April
1st is it.

Shhheeeeeeeiiiiiiii*!

That's impressive power, but...I don't get it. Obviously you and many other
folks enjoy that, and I'm not knocking that at all but... Why? Do you do
long distance stuff? And if so, why not get a ham license if you don't
already have one and use ham equipment? Or is it just a power trip thing?
And if so, again, I'm not knocking it. I just don't get it.

Of course it's nothing compared to raw unbridled (inline) 4 watts I'm going
to have. Just you watch out, man! :)

As for the Wilson antennas... I'll take a good look them (as well as the
Larsons, and others folks have recommended).

And the quick disconnects... Sounds like it's easy enough to unscrew and
screw on the antennas. And what you said about the quick disconnects
corroding makes sense.

Thanks, Will!

--
Tod Oace, tod@quay.com