New best time!

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 23:22:45 EDT

 I posted a new best time of 14.358 @ 95.75 today at Coastal Plains
Dragway in Jacksonville, NC. I backed it up with an immediate second
run (no cool down) of 14.398 @ 95.52. Even though my new best time is
less than one tenth faster than my previous 14.425 @ 93.52, my
previous best time was somewhat of a fluke, with about every run I had
done prior to the new hood in the 14.5's. Today I ran three 14.3's,
so I feel the ram air hood, 14x3 K&N and K&N X-Stream airflow top has
gained me around two tenths over all in the quarter. The 2400 stall
torque converter and X-brace go on Wednesday, so I wanted to get a new
baseline beforehand. Something else I find interesting is that most
all of my gains appear to be on the top end. The 1/8 ET between my
previous and current best runs are almost identical. Check out the
2.23 mph increase on the top end:
                Previous Best Current Best
1/8 ET 9.186 9.185
1/8 MPH 74.58 75.26
1/4 ET 14.425 14.358
1/4 MPH 93.52 95.75

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.358 @ 95.75, 258 rwhp
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/~therrin/dakota.html