RE: RE: 180 t-stat mileage numbers

From: Alek Benedict (alek@earthling.net)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 12:39:36 EDT

My dad had the exact same problem with his 93 3.9L. Turned out the
thermostat was stuck open. YMMV

--
Alek Benedict with a techno beat.
[email] alek@earthling.net [web] http://members.sigecom.net/alek

: -----Original Message----- : From: owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET : [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET]On Behalf Of Shelley Batty : Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 9:03 AM : To: dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET : Subject: RE: DML: RE: 180 t-stat mileage numbers : : : Hi, I'm new to the list, and new to Dakotas, but this thread on : t-stat temps : prompts me to write already. I just bought ( Saturday afternoon) a 93 : Dakota sport, 4x4, Club Cab. 3.9 magnum and 5 speed. As I am sure most of : you know, the temp gauge has no numbers to give a real idea of how hot the : engine is running. On mine, the needle only comes up about a third of the : way on the gauge, and I never get anything resembling hot air from the : heater. Does it sound like the PO may have swapped in a cooler than stock : t-stat? : : Thom Batty : 93 CC sport 4x4