ALT pulley may cause problems!

From: Ed Estoppey (dakgts2@home.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 16:31:00 EDT

hey all,
i just wanted to share a problem i had with you guys!
last year i had underdrive pulleys on my 98 v6, the alt pulley caused
problems with not charging my battery in the city (lots of lights) well
anyway, it cooked my battery, but funny enough it still had juice to start
the dak. i took the pulleys off for the winter, and noticed that the truck
would stall immeditally (spelling) after starting when warm, i had to hold
the rpm to 1000 or better to keep the truck running. anyhoo, i had 4 days
warrenty left, so i brought her in to my local dodge dealership... they said
that the battery would drop to under 7 volts and this made the computer burp
and shut the truck off. they had to put in a new battery and re programme
the computer... Just so you know

Ed