Pulling codes?

From: Grady Ogburn (jgo@uswest.net)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 03:09:35 EDT

Folks-

Got a "check engine" light today. I checked the archives to find the
procedure for pulling codes, and found the key on-off-on-off-on procedure.

Tried it. Nothing. Held in the ODO button and saw "CHEC" on the ODO. I
released the ODO button, and apparently conducted a diagnostic test on all
of my instruments (looked pretty cool with the speedo and tach both pegged),
but still no codes. I tried this thing no less than 10 times, and got
bupkus.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Grady Ogburn
'98 Sport CC 4x4 5.2l, 5 Speed, 3.55 LSD
Mesa Headers & Cat, K&N GenII, F&B Billet TB
JET PCM, MSD 6A, Magnecor 8.5, Autolite 3923s
Gibson/MagnaFlow 3" Exhaust
Leer Topper