Re: 4.7 exhaust ques.

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 13:20:27 EDT

Arnold, I've got my Flowmaster "dumped".It's a 2-chamber flowmaster
40-series, 3"in, dual 2.5" out. I've got dual 2.5" stainless turndowns on it
that exit toward the ground, just forward of the rear axle housing. I did
notice that I lost a little more low end as opposed to when I had duals run
out the back, but not much.The sound is a little different, but not much. I
have a bedcover & carpet in the bed, which makes the whole bed kinda like a
big echo chamber. It will drone you out between 1800-2000 rpms, but I like
it. Very clean look, and no tips to polish!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Arnoldo Silva" <silva@rio.bravo.net>

  does anyone have a 4.7 with a turndown right after the muffler if you do
what kind of muff. do you have and did you notice any loss in power?
thanks arnold