Re: RE: Need towing/driving tips...

From: Doug Fedeli (rdf@eznet.net)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 15:33:02 EDT

I have a 92, V6 5 speed and haven't had a problem using 5th to tow at a steady
pace. If I want to accelerate or decelerate I shift out of OD. I have had a
Viking 27' popup since 1995. It's about 2500 lbs and my truck pulls it great.
It has tandem axles and electric brakes. The brakes make a big difference. The
first year I had it the wires to one of the magnets got ripped out on a trip
to Old Forge I had to go the rest of the way out and back (about 300 miles)
with no trailer brakes.

Doug Fedeli