Re: QC Hotchkis Suspension Mods.

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 23:43:17 EDT

Welcome to the DML, and congratulations on your Quad Cab! I've Hotchkissed
my '00 4.7L reg. cab. I scrub my tires(stock Goodyear 255/65/15) on the
front fender flares on some rolling dips in the road. I have yet to hit the
front bumpstops, so I am going to have to adjust that. I'm just going to
shim up the bumpstops with some washers until I get it where the bumpstops
hit right before the tires scrub. I have found that the bumps that hit at
45-50 mph won't hit at 30-35 mph. I would be afraid to know what some of
them would do if I hit them at 70+. I'm going to have to adjust the
bumpstops before I hit the freeway in Houston again. I'm not sure if the
offset changed for the 16" rims,but I doubt it. If there's anything else I
can help with,please feel free to ask. HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Mike Toupin" <mjtoupin@ici.net>

Greetings to all you Mopar-Maniacs on the DML,

     I am new to the DML, and a new Dodge owner, I just took delivery of
my fully loaded 2001Quad Cab Sport. I have only had it about three weeks
now, but I am definitely very happy with it. The 4.7L engine is awesome.
My question is has anyone out there installed a Hotchkis suspension kit
in a quad? My kit is sitting in my basement waiting for the rear shocks
to walk themselves over from Germany. I am curious about any front tire
interference problems, will my stock 255-65-16 tires rub? How much it
actually drops the truck ( I have heard anywhere from 2.5"-3.5"in
front). Any info would be appreciated.

Mike in Massachusetts