Noises/Problems--Dealer FIXED!!!

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 21:50:38 EDT

I was stoked to find that my truck was done when I showed up at
the dealer this afternoon. Miracles never cease! They did the
following work:

1. I had complained (as noted in a series of previous posts)
about an odd chirping noise and that the crank pulley might be
warped from my accident. They replaced the crank damper and I'm
waiting until tomorrow morning to see if it worked (the noise
only happens when the truck is cold). Unfortunately, I ran the
truck in this condition for like two months--anybody got any
idea of what the consequences might be in the future? For
example, should I expect to have to tear the engine down to the
crank to replace bearings and what not at like the 100K mark?

2. I mentioned that my front diff was weaping a bit of oil and
they replaced the "front pinion seals." I don't know where/what
these are? Anyone know and want to educate me?

3. I had one of those headlight switches that comes off in your
hand every once in awhile and they replaced that as well.

4. Most of my previous posts were regarding the abnormal
consumption of oil and the belly pan gasket. They replaced the
"intake manifold gasket" which I have come to learn is one and
the same.

5. Got that recall thing done about the rear axle breather
tube/e-brake or whatever that was about.

As a bonus, the front diff fix required new lube and the belly
pan fix required new coolant. I got all this for $50! I'm so
happy I got my extended warranty and for once, I'm very happy
with the service I have recieved. They actually listened to my
descriptions of the problems and they obviously communicated it
to the mechanics (a step that doesn't often happen I've
noticed). For my fellow Las Vegans, go to Chapman Dodge and ask
for Rick for your service needs.

Another cool thing is that some of the above stuff were TSB
items that I never got around to getting fixed before the
regular warranty was up and I was nervous to learn this morning
that Chrysler could choose not to honor the TSB fixes under the
extended warranty. Thankfully they did, and I'm a happy Dodge
owner again. Sorry for the long message (I just can't seem to
be brief) and thanks again for all the replies to my previous
posts.

=====
Later,
JY
Vegas '98 CC 5.2L 5spd 4x4 w/prerunner bumper
Check my profile: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/BpQ4bPQ1PBzCI
Check my pics:
http://photos.yahoo.com/onebad4x4dak
(real webpage coming soon)