RE: Pulling tappets Attn Rich W

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 07:32:54 EDT

Jon,
Believe it or not, the intake hasn't come back from the coating shop yet.
The person that does their powder coating fell down and screwed up his back
a couple weeks ago. So the intake is not on yet.

I managed to wiggle one out last night. They are a tight fit up against the
head gasket. I should probably cut away the gasket to make life easier, but
we all know how that goes. I dis-assembled the one pulled. The worst part
was trying to squeeze everything back together to insert the retainer clip.
What a pain! I'm almost convinced to just order a new set, but...

I'll keep you posted how everything turns out.
Rich