cleaning the throttle body

From: Antonio De Anda (adeanda@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 15:14:20 EDT

Its really easy.
Its probably best to remove it from the truck to just play it safe.
Then all you really have to clean is the butterfly blades and the idle
motor.
I usually just use some carb cleaner or something like that. On the
idle motor, a lot of gunk gets cooked on there, so you might need to use
something like a brillo pad or some sort of rag to rug it off.
I have heard from some people that the Dealer charges a couple hundred
for doing the same thing.

If you get stuck feel free to email me.

take care and stay safe,
Tony