RE: Center console light on 2001

From: Tod Oace (tod@quay.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 20:58:17 EDT

> Okay, the sales brochure says we're supposed to have a light in our
> center console, and so does the owner's manual. I'm fairly certain that
> there's no light in there (unless it's pathetically uselessly dim). The
> page listing replacement bulbs doesn't mention it.
>
> Does anyone have this light? Or is it a phantom option that they never
> actually produced?

I know, I know! Gotta reply quick before Bernd and Ron. :-)

I have one on my 2k1 Dak. There's a black switch right in front of the
quarters slot (towards the windshield). Closing the lid pushes down on the
switch to turn off the light. Right underneath that switch is the bulb
assembly, and if you feel underneath it there should be a wire. If you have
all that then you probably have a dead bulb. Or who knows...maybe the
factory forgot to connect the connectors underneath the console (which I am
intimiately familiar with now).

I can snap a photo if none of this seems to be matching up with your
console.

--
Tod Oace, tod@quay.com