Question on TPS

From: mrdancer (mrdancer2@home.your.underwear.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 21:45:40 EDT

Well, my truck is acting a little funny. When cruising at 60mph down the
freeway, there is a slight 'skip' to the engine, like a little dead spot at
a certain speed (60mph). At first, I thought it was just a leak in the
electrical system somewhere (you know, plug wire arcing somewhere, or
something like that). But it only happens when the gas pedal is in that
position. If I drive 50mph or 70mph, it runs smoothly. And, when
accelerating from a stop, it likes to spin the tires a little moreso than
usual.

The truck has 158,000 miles on it, so I wonder if the TPS is finally giving
up the ghost? Anybody have any thoughts / comments on this? What does a
new TPS cost anyway?? Do I have to get it from a dealer??
TIA

--
1992 Dak CC, 2wd, 318/auto, 3.55