RE: RE: Re: RE: 4.7L Intake Options

From: Tanner & Beth Sammons (etsammons@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 21:50:04 EDT

<< When I punch it at 3000 rpms, approx. 15 mph the tires start to spin.>>
I got my K&N crankcase filter today, so I put the tube back on for another
run. I think the tire spinning at 15 mph was due to warmer temps yesterday
causing oily, slimy roads (definitely was fun though). Today was cooler and
the roads gripped better, so there was no spinning from a 15 mph roll. I
just wanted to post that observation as I definitely do not want to mislead
my fellow DML'ers into false expectations. The throttle response and pull
from idle to 5300 rpms is still there. For those of you that want to roast
the tires, it definitely was not a problem from a standstill to a slight
roll when I hit the throttle. I have the 31x10.50's and they spin better
now than they used to. Not my main concern, but sure is fun to be able and
show off on demand.
The tube will be sent off next Tues. for coating. After I get it back, I
should have some prices figured.
Still experimenting though. I will be taking a road trip this weekend w/ the
new tube on, so hopefully I will see some mpg gains. We'll see. If you
email me privately and I don't get back to you right away, it is not because
I am ignoring you. I will not be back in town until Monday evening.
For those of you who are interested in seeing the tubes, go to
www.photopoint.com and enter my email address, etsammons@earthlink.net in
the top right hand corner. The album is named 4.7 Intake.
Thanks to all that have inquired and all of the compliments,
Tanner