Noises/Problems--back to the dealer

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 21:55:12 EDT

Well, I knew things were too good to be true yesterday. To
reiterate, the dealer replaced the crank damper because he
thought that might be what was making the noise I've been
getting. Since it only happens when the truck is cold (and in
motion), I couldn't check it until this morning. Unfortunately,
I got the now familier chirp right away. So, I took it back to
the dealer and dropped it off tonight so they could do their own
cold start tomorrow morning with it. I still have no complaints
about their work or customer service because these types of
problems are very difficult to diagnose. I mean, if the truck
has to be moving for it to make the noise, you pretty much have
to be hanging from the underside of her to figure out what's
making the noise. Plus, they're not going to charge me the $50
deductible again since it was documented on yesterday's work
order. All in all, I'm pretty happy I've finally found a dealer
willing to work with me to fix a problem instead of using the
usual excuses. Well, that's the update if anyone cares. When
it's finally cured, I'll let y'all know in case someone gets a
similar noise in the future. Oh, that reminds me--the service
guy did say he seemed to remember another Dak with a similar
sounding problem and he thought they had replaced the whole
front drive shaft. Shoot, I'll have new "underpinnings" here
pretty soon.

=====
Later,
JY
Vegas '98 CC 5.2L 5spd 4x4 w/prerunner bumper
Check my profile: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/BpQ4bPQ1PBzCI
Check my pics:
http://photos.yahoo.com/onebad4x4dak
(real webpage coming soon)