Re: Electric fan question about 2000 R/T

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 22:41:14 EDT

I'd like to do this kind of thing too. I am having an electrician/welder
friend of mine do some wiring in my truck soon, and hopefully he's going to
attack this one too.I am going to have mine wired where it runs with the key
in the "on" position all the time, with a switch for a constant hot so that
I can run it while the key is off as well. I'm curious to find out how long
the elec. fan will run before it drains the battery too bad to crank the
truck. Every other truck/car I've messed with that had an elec. fan on it,
it didn't take long for the battery to get too drained.I will let you know
the specifics if I get mine done before you do. Please do the same for me.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "TonyC" <acellan1@tampabay.rr.com>

I'd like to wire the electric fan on my 2000 R/T to a switch so I can turn
it on manually for some additional cooling at the track.

I'm sure someone has done this already. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Tony