Re: 360 Swap HELP!!!!

From: Sam South (sawcut64@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 07:46:21 EDT

Hey Will, the part # for the damper I got is 53021284 AA. I did some
investigating and found out that yes, the 360 does have a specific damper.
You can tell visually, on the 360's, there is a 3-4" section on the edge
removed and on the 318's it's solid. It's kind of hard to explain so I took
a pic of the 360 one and posted it here.
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/sawcut64/damper.html
Also the one I have has the crank pulley attached, the one I need is just
the damper by itself and they said it superceded all other part #'s. But I
think the one I need is still available. I also checked on the cost of a new
flywheel and the dealer wanted over $500.00!!!!! WTF!!!! So I found a used
one in good shape for $175.00 which is still pretty damn expensive.

>Have you asked Amrk about
> this?? What's the # on his Damper for his 360??

I checked his too and it's missing the same divit on the side of the damper,
but we couldn't find a part #(raining at the time).

Sam South
95 Dak, V-8,3.90 LSD,5-speed
14.10@98.05
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Mt5J8FaDfVCv6/