Re: 360 Swap HELP!!!!

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 23:23:35 EDT

Sam, I'm not sure about the damper, but I do know that the
flexplates/flywheels have to be balanced to match the engine. It doesn't
make sense that the damper lists for all the engines. Internally balanced
motors and externally balanced motors generally use different dampers. Maybe
Mopar came up with one that would work with both. Have you asked Amrk about
this?? What's the # on his Damper for his 360??

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Sam South" <sawcut64@mediaone.net>

Hey guys, the guy that I bought my 360 from also supplied a new vibration
damper because the old one was gone. I called a dealer and gave them the
part # from the box and they told me that # was for the 97 up 3.9, 5.2, and
the 5.9. I thought the 5.9's had a different externally balanced damper? I
also talked to their head mechanic and he was totally clueless and said he
didn't know of a difference, at least not visually. Does anyone know for
100% sure if they are different. I'm not sure what year motor this is , but
I don't think it makes a difference(other than it's a Magnum) I thought all
360's and the 93-01 Magnum 5.9's were all externally balanced and needed
both the flywheel/flexplate and damper. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks
Sam South
95 Dak, V-8,3.90 LSD,5-speed
14.10@98.05