Re: Re: Body liftin'

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 19:17:15 EDT

> Kyle, do you know if the steering shaft has to be cut for the steering
> shaft extension on the TM kit? Summit had no listing the the PA 642 kit,
> the TM kit was ~75bux... I'm reaaallllll tempted to order one :)

I know you like Summit and all Jon, but I would highly suggest calling
4Wheel Parts(800-421-1050) and ask to see what body lifts they have for your
truck. As far as the 'steering shaft adapter' is concerned, here is what it
says in the instructions:
"11.Remove bolt and clip on steering shaft. Mark shafts and connecting tubes
as to which side was together. Pull steering shaft out. Remove plastic
collar and clip inside of collar. Place clip onto new steering adapter and
slide plastic collar back on. Insert adapter into steering tubes. Install
locknut clip then shaft clip, then bolt. Tighten bolt."

Rather vague instructions if you ask me. I am sure you would be able to
figure it out though Jon. I am still leaning towards the PA 2" body lift
though. Seems like the 3" TM kit needs much more work and more 'rigging',
plus the instructions really stink. If you want, I could fax these
instructions to you for you to read over, but wouldnt be able to do so till
the morning. The instructions are 16 steps for the cab and 6 steps for bed,
which cover a page, thats it......just one darn page and one page to use as
a template for redrilling the front bumper. Let me know if I can help.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6