Fuel inj. duty cycle question

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 21:35:42 EDT

 I've read in the past that Jon and some of you others have found out what %
duty cylce your inj are running at. 1) How was this done? 2) Is this only
manipulated at part throttle conditions or also at WOT? I assumed that at WOT
the PCM only used the fuel maps and the IAT. If this is the case, I would
assume chrysler would have engineered the pulse width NOT to be maxed out at
WOT. My reason for asking this is because I have a theory as to why I need a
larger fuel inj. than would normally be required for a mass-air car. I'm
thinking that if the PCM cannot max out the pulse width at WOT I've read in
the past that Jon and some of you others have found out what % duty cylce
your inj are running at. 1) How was this done? 2) Is this only manipulated at
part throttle conditions or also at WOT? I assumed that at WOT the PCM only
used the fuel maps and the IAT. If this is the case, I would assume chrysler
would have engineered the pulse width NOT to be maxed out at WOT. My reason
for asking this is because I have a theory as to why I need a larger fuel
inj. than would normally be required for a mass-air car. I'm thinking that
because the PCM cannot max out the pulse width at WOT, a larger than normal
inj is required to supply the fuel for such a short pusle width.
  My 30lbs are set at 62psi, and it is still lean! This should not be needed
for a NA 360 with the power I'm making unless of course I'm right. I now plan
to go up to a 36lber. Any comments?
Tom