RE: some general questions about my 1998

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 00:26:01 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Punch/ Crash2000
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2001 8:35 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: some general questions about my 1998

<<1. Under the ignition key , there is a small piece of rubber attached to
the steering column, what should be there? >>

No idea!

<<2. Does the 98 Dakota sport come from the factory with a remote car
starter?
I have a sticker under the hood saying I have one, but NO key fob, for it!
where do I look for this thing, so I can find a serial number or
manufacturer? >>

I don't know of a remote starter option that's available from the factory.

<<3. Do after market radios, "stick" out of the dash or do the fit, like
stock
unit's do? >>

Some do, but most of the time you can search for ones that are either exact
fit or they're smaller and have face plates to make up the difference.

<<4. Do I have to take my truck to the dealer I bought it at for warranty
work?
they have a used car mechanic that never finds anything wrong!! >>

You may bring your truck to any Dodge dealer with a repair shop to do your
warranty work.

<<5. someone please explain overdrive to me, when it's on the truck starts
slow of the line and seems slow, when it's off it goes like snot! why then
am I suppose to leave it on? >>

Overdrive is like a fourth gear. It should not have an effect on you when
you're starting out. If your tranny is not going through the gears
normally, i.e., 1st, 2nd, 3rd, overdrive, then you have a problem and should
bring your truck to a dealer to get repaired.

<<6. Do after market exhaust's void dodge/Chrysler warranties? and what
will
they effect will they have on our mandatory emission test's? >>

Cat back exhaust systems generally speaking are beyond the emissions
components, e.g., the last O2 sensor after the cat, and do not affect
emissions. I have not heard of one causing an emissions failure during a
smog check.

You're welcome,
Ron