RE: Moving to OH--how to prepare?

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 09:49:27 EDT

Hey Jason!

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I can not access the DML from
home 8<(

I am also from the Toledo area. My '92 has seen every winter except this
past one. This only time you need to worry about the salt is when the
temperature gets above the freezing mark. When we have those long,
blistering cold stretches of below freezing weeks (dramatized for the folks
down south and west), it's no big deal. When the weather starts fluctuating
at 32 degrees, I just go down to the quarter wash and spray the underside
good (yes, the rest of the truck as well ;^P ). I only have surface rust on
a couple spots on the frame, other than the paint that has peeled it's in
great shape and ready for more! These are trucks folks, they are made to
take a beating. I know we take great pride with our Daks, but that's why I
bought it in the first place....solid driving year round!

As with the other replies, good maintenance will keep your Dak happy
throughout the winter months.

Looking forward to meeting you next year at the meet!

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!