Moving to OH--how to prepare?

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 22:04:53 EDT

Well, the Air Force tells me it's time to move. Looks like I'll
be heading to Wright-Patterson AFB north of Dayton in Ohio come
August. Anybody on the DML from around there? Obviously I'll
arrive during the good weather, but since I can't help myself
from scheming and wondering and since I'm all caught up on my
DML mail, I'll ask some "long range" questions. What I really
want to know is how you people with hard-core winters prepare
and protect your Dak? For instance, I've heard that in OH they
salt the roads to get rid of the ice--how do you keep your Dak
from rusting in these conditions? Should I plan on doing an
undercoating or do you take it to the car wash every week? . . .
or maybe I should just buy a beater for the winter? Are studded
tires allowed (they were in Oregon where I'm from) and/or are
chains necessary? I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks!

=====
Later,
JY
Vegas '98 CC 5.2L 5spd 4x4 w/prerunner bumper
Check my profile: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/BpQ4bPQ1PBzCI
Check my pics:
http://photos.yahoo.com/onebad4x4dak
(real webpage coming soon)