Re: Re: Replacing a door handle

From: Travis Gensch (wtgensch@execpc.com)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 22:16:14 EDT

I asked the insurance if my rates will go up and they said "no". If they
would have, or could have increased, I would have kept my mouth shut.

I think I was the target of a random act. There were 2 other cars in the
driveway and mine was the only one hit. The vehicles parked in the driveway
tend to stand out a little from the rest of the block, in that most of the
block has beater cars. I believe they were looking for only car stereos
(car stereo = fast cash). Since people tend to remove the face and leave it
inside the vehicle, I think that's why they entered the truck and looked
around without taking anything. They did not even take the small amount of
cash in the ash tray or even my Oakley sunglasses. I purposely did not put
any stickers on the truck so it does not draw any attention. I don't have a
thumpin' system, this is the first item that is not stock (I am going to
replace the stock speakers this summer). I do like to listen to it loud,
but stock speakers are not loud (even with the Infinity sound system).

Travis