Fender Tags

From: Jack Hilton (hemi@charter.net)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 10:32:47 EDT

Well, if you are into older MoPars at all, you will remember that
Chrysler always put a metal tag under the hood, usually on the Driver's
Side inner-fender, which was about the size of a business card which
listed all of the option codes for the vehicle.
I was at Jason Hatcher's house this past weekend and he just happened to
mention how it was too bad that they didn't do this any more, and I
agreed. You can call the customer service # and get them to mail you a
sheet which lists these codes by simply giving them your VIN #, but it's
just not quite the same. : )

Well, the other day as a result of a leaking rear window that continues
to frustrate me, I pulled out everything in the interior except for the
dash. I pulled out the rear cab covers, the carpet, and the seats.
To my surprise, riveted to the passeneger's side of the cab floor,
directly onto the cross-member that goes across the middle of the cab
floor, was your traditional looking 'fender' tag. I made a rubbing of it
while I had the stuff out, which I will post on my web site, *hopefully*
this weekend.

Just thought some of you MoPar nuts might find that interesting.

Jack 3