Re: headers and mpg!

From: John_Neff@Dell.com
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 10:52:28 EDT

Don't hold your breath on that. The ONLY mod that has made a difference in
my mileage is the electric fan I installed a week and a half ago. That
netted me 1.5 mpg. Time will tell if this holds up but I have a feeling it
will. My mods are:

F&B TB
Mopar computer
Mopar headers
Intense Performance Intake
MSD 6A
MSD Blaster SS coil
Gibson cat back
180 degree stat (made no difference in mileag up or down!)
Autolite 3923 plugs
Accel 8mm wires
Snugtop tonneau cover

This got me into 16.5 mpg on my last highway trip with A/C on. This
particular trip has always been a 14.8 due to hills. On flat land, I should
now be close to 18.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda.......