Re: Bedliner theft

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 11:28:01 EDT

At 11:00 AM 4/19/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Here's something strange:
>
>I saw another Solar Yellow Dak in my area so I decided to leave the guy a
>DML banner....long story short we ended up talkin and he may even make the
>Foxwoods meet. In our conversation, he told me he used to have the MOPAR
>under the rail bedliner....it was STOLEN while he went to the movies.
>
>Why the heck would someone steal a bedliner...that's gotta be the first I
>ever heard of that!

I know, what would that even be worth? $100 tops?

Probably somebody being more of a prankster than anything else.

The one that sounds stupid (but actually is profitable, when you think
about it) is airbag theft. Since you can easily pay several hundred bucks
for a replacement airbag unit, people have been stealing them.

-Bill