RE: RPMS

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 12:58:47 EDT

Hey William!

Just to give you a gage, here are my numbers on the '01. I'm running the
3.92 gears with P255/65R16 tires. @2500rpm, I'm at 83mph.

It all comes down to how much highway travel you do. I can cruise all day
@75 and the engine is not working. I'm around 19.5-20 mpg with a tonneau, no
other "mods" except Mobil-1. Third gear @5200 is around 85 mph too. Put it
in 4th @ 3500rpms and it climbs without trying. This thing pulls hard!

Note: not a regular occurrence! Just had to try it once ;^P

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!