Re: Throttle Plate screws

From: Batman (batphreak@zombieweb.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 20:41:07 EDT

Big 'ole 10-4 on the loctite....I was planning on using that regardless of screw material. I was asking about the stainless because it's more brittle than regular steel, I don't think this is a problem in this application since all the screws do is locate the throttle plates. I've heard it can be a problem if you use stainless for the air cleaner hold down, but that actually has a constant load on it. All the little throttle plate screws have to deal with is heat and vibration.

-Batman

--- SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
> wrote:
>Hey BAT,
> You can replace them with the stainless BUT just make sure you use
>Loctite "thread lock" on them. You don't want to ingest one of them through
>the engine. Even a screw that small can do major damage to cylinder walls and
>valves. Bill
>
>SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM (Bill C.) 2001 QC, 4.7L, KENNE BELL SC'ed, 5spd.
>3.55 LSD, Bored & polished TB, 10w-30 MOBIL 1, GIBSON 3" Single <A
>HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01/">"THE DAK"</A>

==
-Batman
'99 CC 4x4 5.2L 5spd sprt wht