Re: drivetrain clunk: Reason.

From: Jared Kaplan (blizzard@gis.net)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 21:26:54 EDT

Hey Kyle,

That's interesting. I'll take a look underneath the truck tomorrow when I
have some light. Is the rubber visible at all without removing the mount,
or does the mount have to be taken apart first? BTW, did this have any
effect on the RPM? I forgot to mention this in the email I sent earlier,
but the clunk occoured when the RPM hit a low point, just as it began to
bounce back up a few hundred RPM (normally... less RPM if the moving speed
was slow or in last gear (o/d)). Sort of like the RPM hitting the floor and
bouncing up.

Thanks for the info!
Jared
1994 Dodge Dakota Sport, V6, 3.9L, Auto, K&N, Mobil 1.