Gear swap in a 95 3.9

From: Daniel D (barracuda19@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 17:40:17 EDT

OK i have read the messages for changing from 3.55 to 3.92 on a 2000 model.
I have a 95 X-Cab 3.9 auto, and would think that the 3.92 gears would help
me out alot, since this truck is a dog out the hole. everyone who i have
raced and beaten out the hole, i've won, but if they get me out the hole
they'll put a car or 2 on me in no time. I think it's because this truck is
soo heavy and it's an auto, is why it's not good out of the hole. SO my
question is this, how much, and where can i get the spedomoter gear or
whatever i need to make sure my Speedometer/Odometer is right? Will mpg
suffer alot? Is going to 3.92 worth the time and money and gas milage? For a
full list of mods go to http://www.angelfire.com/la3/finedak. Thanks guys

Daniel
Drive it like you stole it