Re: 5 speed problem

From: Chris Lang (langerdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 14:28:39 EDT

I just went out and tested it and it wont go into gear even when the truck
is stopped and off. Its gotten worse in the past few days to where its at
the point if I put it into 3rd it as soon as I let the clutch out it pops
out of gear and if I hold the stick there it will then grind the gear and
eventually pop in, this happens on both the upshift and downshift. I've got
an appointment at the dealer on Wednesday so for now I'm just trying not to
drive anywhere and if I do not to use third gear. What exactly is double
clutching? I've heard the term before but I'm not sure what it means...

Chris
01 RC 4x4 V8 5 speed minus 3rd