Re: lighting questions

From: Doug Fedeli (rdf@eznet.net)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 15:12:29 EDT

I don't know about the headlight bulbs. I put a set of the KC wide beam lights
on my 92 Dak a few years ago. They work great. The beam is low out like a fog
light in front and angles up as it goes to the sides of the road. The only
people who flash their high beams at me are sports cars that are real low and
the occasional Caddy or Buick. The beam projects farther in front than the low
beams but not as far as high beams. They have saved my butt a number of times
with stuff coming from the sides of the road. I tried the halogen backup lights
and hated them. The filament is too fragile. They gave more light until the
filament broke. I went through 3 of them and went back to the standard bulbs.
I've been thinking about getting a cheap set of the smallest white fog lights I
can find and mounting them on the trailer hitch.

Doug Fedeli