Re: Audio Tech; Dead Deck

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 02:44:52 EDT

> I'd give that a try. Maybe a better ground would be to ground it on the
> case and prong the "power" connections and see if you get voltage.
>

> The reason is. you'd create a path to ground for the power to go touching
> the neg term of your tester under the dash, but the dash doesn't have a
> source to ground out. I'd try that before spending about 100 bucks on a
new
> face plate.
>
> Hope that helps!
> Did you drop your face plate or something?

Well I will tear the dash back apart tomorrow or Sunday, no big deal as it
only takes 2 minuntes. I will hopefully locate the ground wire and bypass it
with another ground to a spot which I definately know is a good solid
ground. What if the ground test doesnt work though? I didnt drop the face
plate, just died on me over night; worked great yesterday and nada this
morning. I havent even had the face plate off in over.......geeesh probably
like 6 months.......Oh well. Thanks for the input
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6