Re: Armour All or ?

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 19:16:11 EDT

Jay, being the guy I am, you might have guessed I'd respond to this! I just
came inside from cleaning up my truck. As for your question, This is what I
would recommend: For tires, I use Black Magic Tire Wet in a spray bottle.
When I apply it, I use an applicator pad(the little round cotton ones you
can buy), spray the Tire Wet on the Applicator pad(use a steady stream
settng on the sprayer, makes for much less mess and spray it well away from
the truck, it gets in the air more than you might think!), and carefully rub
it into the tires. Rub it in good and don't use too much, otherwise it will
sling off real bad when you first start driving and get the sides of your
truck dirty. For weatherstrip, I have used Murphy's rubber lube, or Mopar
weatherstrip lube. Either one should be fine. Just remember to apply often.
For my interior vinyl/plastic trim, I use Armor All interior grease-free
formula. Comes in a black bottle. I use it everywhere but the top of the
dash. For that, I just wipe it with the backside of the rag I'm using
everywhere else to remove the dust. Armor all tends to make the windsheild
easier to fog over. I use Rain-X anti fog on all my inside windows and never
have a problem! Any thing else I can help you with??

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "jay & dana" <jay&dana@telus.net>

What does anyone recommend for tires, weatherstripping, etc., besides Armor
All, as lately I have heard not too much good about Armor All?

Thanks
Jay