Re: powerdyne vs Kenne Belle?

From: Signman615@cs.com
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 16:45:40 EDT

In a message dated 4/22/01 1:05:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bernd@texas.net
writes:

<< But can you get the entire system for under $3000? ;) >>

No. My system cost me $4,050. But that included my 4" cold air intake with
K&N filter, new computer, 2 extra fuel injectors, knock sensor, cooler
thermostat, cooler running plugs, boost gauge, ect. Price even included
shipping and handling. The only thing it didn't include was the pod to mount
the boost gauge. I got that at my local speed shop. All this with a 2 year
warranty and full boost on demand at 2,000 RPM up. I'm not sure about the
other KB kits but on mine, I also have a valet mode. I can turn one screw on
top of the blower in and the whole thing is bypassed. Takes all of two
min.This is great for when my workers are going to be using the truck for
installs all day and I don't want to have to worry about them hot rodding
around town. I would imagine this would also be great for people with
teenagers who might occasionally drive. I made a mistake in my earlier post
also. I just got back from work where I found the Truckin' mag and in it
shows a 91 GMC syclone with a highly modified 264ci V-6 that runs 18# of
boost on a KB SC (not 22# like I thought) to create nearly 650 hp. The truck
is 50 state emissions legal and runs on 92 octane with catalytic converter.
Runs 11.09 in the 1/4 @ 123.89 MPH. No nitrous! I wish I could get my 4x4 Dak
to that! Anyway, back to the topic. What is included with Powerdyne's package
and what's the warranty like? Do they also include a way to get more fuel to
the engine and a computer to adjust air fuel ratios? What about the knock
sensor? From what I understand KB is one of the few if not the only one to
offer this safeguard. I'm not trying to sound like a smart ass, I'm just
curious about what they offer because I know very little about their kits.

Paul
00 4x4 CC Sport
Kenne Bell Supercharged 4.7